Landlords have a responsibility to both their properties and their tenants throughout any tenancy agreement.
- Landlords should ensure that their properties are maintained throughout the tenancy.
- Priority should be given to failures in heating and hot water systems.
- Landlords, tradesmen or other official personnel should not enter the tenants home without due notice â€“ this should preferably be in writing and 24 hours minimum notice given.
- Landlords should provide all equipment enabling tenants to conduct their tenancies in an appropriate manner.
- Landlords must ensure they adhere to legal requirement guidelines on:
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- House in Multiple Occupation
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Fit To Rent Scheme in conjunction with Cotswold District Council